Memorial & Honor Trees
By participating in a program which remembers loved ones, honors friends, and celebrates life’s milestones with the gift of a tree, our citizens play an active role in keeping the “green” in Greensboro. Donations to Greensboro Beautiful’s Memorial and Honor Gift Tree Program enables the organization to plant trees where needed in neighborhood parks, along city streets, in medians, and in other public areas for more than 40 years.
How It Works
- Purchase a gift tree, selecting the type from the options provided.
- Tell us who to notify, and we’ll send a special note right away.
- Trees are planted in January, February, and March only. (Note: Gifts must be received before November 1st for trees to be planted during these months. Gifts received after this date will be held and used to plant trees the following year.)
- General memorial and honor gift contributions in any amount may also be made, and will go toward Greensboro Beautiful’s Tree Fund. Special notes are sent for these gifts as well.
- Once the tree has been planted, we’ll let both you and the recipient know.
A Lasting Gift
Remember someone special, show your appreciation, or celebrate special occasions with a gift to the future.Contributions for gift trees are tax-deductible. For more information, call 336-373-2199.
Cost: $100 each
(all trees are native to our region)
Flowering & Understory Trees
Little Gem Magnolia
Buy a Tree – Memorial and Honor Gift