Litter is so much more visible during the winter months; which makes it seem like there is so much more - on exit ramps, at intersections, in ditches, along railroads, around shopping centers, in creeks and streams, all along wooded areas. Winter Wipeout is an opportunity for volunteers to help clean up areas when litter is much more visible and accessible.
As Greensboro Beautiful plans for this cleanup, we continue to be responsible in our approach with respect to precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. For this reason, we encourage families and close friends to participate. These smaller groups should consist of individuals who felt safe and comfortable spending time together over the last many months.
Here's how it works:
- Select a site to clean up from our online Litter Hot Spots map, (or suggest a cleanup site of your own).
- Sign up and let us know when you plan to clean up your selected site.
- Take pictures before and after your cleanup and post them to Greensboro Beautiful's Facebook or Instagram page. It's a great way to show what a difference we can make!
- After your cleanup, let us know how many bags were collected, how many people participated, and how long it took to complete your cleanup.
- Dispose of collected litter with normal trash, or request disposal assistance by emailing specific location of bagged and collected items to Greensboro Beautiful.