Each Fall, Greensboro Beautiful volunteers get litter out of our waterways, off our streets, and out of our neighborhoods! Scout troops, community organizations, faith communities, schools, businesses, and families take part in the cleanup, showing our community’s concern for cleaner waterways and public areas. (link to info, interactive hot spots map, and signup)
How it works:
- Get a small group of 15 or less.
- Select a site to clean up from our online Litter Hot Spots map or suggest a cleanup site of your own.
- Sign up and let us know when you plan to clean up your selected site between October 2 and 18 .
- Take pictures before and after your cleanup and post them to Greensboro Beautiful’s Facebook or Instagram page. It’s a great way to show what a difference we can make!
- • Put your litter bags and recyclables in your own residential trash can and recycling can.
• Try the Litterati app, use code: 718645. Try Ocean Conservancy’s Clean Swell.
• Email your photos, report the number of bags, how many people participated, and amount of time for your cleanup to us when you are done!
With respect to precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, it may be necessary for Greensboro Beautiful to revise either the event date or how the event is coordinated and presented to the community.
Big Sweep is sponsored, in part, by the Rotary Clubs of Greensboro.